2.24.2010

2 in one day?

To continue on with my cooking attempts, I ventured into the world of biscotti.
Biscotti needs to be baked twice, once as a "loaf" and then once after the pieces are cut and separated so as to properly dry them out.

Kelly informed me that the loaves smelled good, but looked pretty nasty (Seemed to be a trend for my cooking that day).
After letting the biscotti sit for the allotted time, I cut it and put it back in the oven.  After about half the time it was supposed to bake for the second time, I noticed a faint burning smell (my luck can't be that bad can it?), so I checked it, and sure enough, some of the edges had a distinct charcoal color on them.  Deeming them as done as they were going to get, I removed them from the oven and let them cool.  Somehow, the edges were overdone, and the middles were not quite as hard as they were supposed to be.

I can't wait to see how my next attempt at something turns out.

No comments: