2.24.2010

yay for ambition

It may come as a shock to some that I like tofu.
I do.  No joke.
I'm sure most of you either made an involuntary face of disgust, or actually voiced your displeasure with words such as "Yuck", "Eww", or "Gross".

I have never ventured into the world of cooking tofu for myself however, that is, until yesterday.  I was at the store. It was on sale. It found its way into my cart, and I let it come home with me.
Now, I don't know if any of you have made tofu before, but let me just say that my first attempt was....dismal.
The marinade I found and used, was....not delicious, to say the least.  To top it off, while I was cooking it, I placed the bag with the remaining tofu and marinade next to me, and it proceeded to spill all over the floor.

Normally, I'd be slightly discouraged, however, it seemed very fitting that my food even seemed to sense that it wasn't good enough to be consumed and tried to commit suicide.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I first thought this said yay for armpit...

glad to have found your blog (again) thanks for the laughs :)