1.14.2011

867-5309

Today was...a day.

At work, I have been getting pretty stressed out about some things.  I am the go-to person for my particular area, and so naturally, everything comes back to me.  When person A does something wrong it comes back to me, when person B does something wrong it comes back to me.  You get the idea.  Well, today I was at the end of my rope.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to punch something or just crumple in a corner and burst into tears.

Fortunately, I did neither of those.  I'm a CB after all!

I decided to go to the Temple instead (I actually decided to do that last night and had therefore taken my temple bag with me to work, but we can pretend it was spur of the moment).

I had a really good session, and was able to pour my heart out to the Lord about a few things I've been pondering.  I also saw someone from my current ward and 3 people from a previous ward while I was there, thus again cementing the fact that I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I know.

Feeling uplifted, I decided to catch Trax home instead of my usual bus.  The car was crowded, but I was able to procure a seat next to a nice looking guy (bonus).  Riding along, I pick up snippets of conversations around me, strangers meeting strangers, when all of a sudden...the nice looking guy starts talking to me.

We end up talking for the rest of our ride, and he ultimately asked for my number.  Not having felt creeped out, nervous, wary or threatened, I gave it to him.  Not a bad way to end a day that started out so horribly in my opinion.

Now, you may be wondering "What about this is CB material?"

Well.....I drank my rootbeer from a martini glass.  Can't get much classier than that right?

No comments: