2.14.2014

Patron Saint of the Plague??

I've never really been a fan of Valentine's day.

I mean, sure, when I was a kid I enjoyed giving Valentines to my peers in school, making sure to give the mushiest, biggest one to the cute boy that I secretly had a crush on (turns out that all the girls tended to like the same 2 or 3 guys) and we were in elementary school, what did we think was going to happen?

In later years, it lost its appeal though.

It isn't even that I was a Valentine's hater because I was single and alone, many times I was even dating someone, but the holiday was just never something I really got behind.  I'm not big on chocolate, red and pink hearts everywhere give me a headache, flowers die, and I can watch cheesy romantic comedies any ol' day of the week.  I'm not a hater, I promise, I just prefer other holidays...like Arbor Day...or Star Wars Day...now THOSE are holidays I can appreciate.

Anyway,  today, Bruce and I went rock climbing at the indoor climbing gym here in Idaho Falls.  It was fun, though I got a little vertigo, got a little nauseated, and couldn't go up too terribly high.  It was fun though.  I will say that belaying for Bruce proved interesting since he is a bit bigger than I am...which resulted in me being thrown across the floor and into the wall at times due to the weight difference, but really, how often do you get to fly through the air?  It's just another part of the adventure.

There was a little kid that was climbing with his parents (or whoever the adult figures he was with actually were), he couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.  He was a lot of fun to watch, he kept grabbing the rope, hoping to just be pulled up the side of the wall, and he actually yelled out that Bruce looks like a vampire.  It was hysterical!  Made my day.  We decided that when we go again, we should get a group together, hopefully this would ensure that I would belay with someone a bit closer to my own stature, who won't send me flying into walls.

I love that man though, and I couldn't be any luckier to have him as my own.  I am completely and deliriously happy to be his, and I couldn't love him more.

No comments: