2.22.2014

Ready...Aim...Blast 'em!

I enjoy weekends, except that there are too few of them.

Weekends are when I get to see Bruce the most.

It's a general rule that we see each other on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.  Not all day on any of them (Fridays get the most love), but really, any time I get with him, I will gladly accept.

My day started out with a trip to Target to purchase a baby shower gift (because I am a procrastinator who has had the invitation for the aforementioned baby shower sitting on her fridge for the past month and has done nothing about it).  Then, after an adventure with GPS and a smartphone, I managed to locate said baby shower.  I'm not going to lie, I have never been a fan of showers (except rain showers, showers in the bathroom, and meteor showers...I enjoy those...but baby showers and bridal showers?  Not so much).  I always find them to be a little awkward and uncomfortable, and it's hard to find an appropriate time to excuse yourself to leave...I'd prefer to be able to drop my gift off and leave right then, but I've been informed that is rude.  Rude?  I just bought you a present!

Anyway, after being at the baby shower for 2+ hours, I left and got a little shopping done before heading home to change and head back out to meet Bruce.

Once at Bruce's we went back out with a trip to...wait for it...Target!  To purchase a birthday gift for our friends James & Courtney's sons 1st birthday party.  It's been a while since I've been to Target twice in one day.

The kiddo was so fun to watch as he devoured his cupcake, and he makes the funniest "excited" face.  Seriously, he is a riot to watch.

After the shindig, Bruce and I went to get frozen yogurt.  Going to Orange Leaf always reminds me of our first date, and that always makes me happy.  I actually always get the same thing too, though I generally add something else new to try as well.

Later, we met up with some friends to play laser tag.  We ended up having to wait almost an hour before we could start, so we wound up back at the frozen yogurt place with everyone before heading back to the arcade place (I guess you could call it an arcade).

So while today was not exactly the busiest day ever, it still wiped me out a bit...I started yawning before our turn at laser tag.  And I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.


No comments: