10.15.2009

Twitchy little ferret

My left eye has been twitching pretty consistently for the last week or so. I find it quite annoying, and irritating that it continues to happen. Usually when my eye twitches, it's quite clearly just a muscle spasm, my whole eye seems to close, and then it goes away. The recent convulsing has been faint and regular, which I think is even more frustrating. I'm not sure why it's happening, so I looked up some common causes of eye twitching (highly scientific), reasons include:

  • Fatigue or lack of sleep (I've actually been pretty well rested lately, no late nights for me!)
  • Over consumption of caffeine (I don't partake of caffeine, so I was able to rule this one out)
  • Physical or emotional stress (This could be it, but I'm less stressed now than I have been in the past, so I'm not so sure)
  • Anxiety or phobias (They did do a corn maze for FHE this week, and corn fields freak me out, but I didn't go, so that phobia one is out. I might be anxious....maybe)
  • Brain damage or other neurological disorders (Don't even go there....shame on those of you who think they just solved my problem...)
  • Associated with temper tantrums (It's been years since I threw a good temper tantrum)
  • Eye stress associated with extended viewing of the computer screen (I see the irony that I'm writing this on the computer, but I don't sit in front of the computer enough to warrant this)
  • Epilepsy (ummm....no)
Guess we'll see if it persists. Just don't laugh at me too hard if I'm all twitchy.

No comments: