10.01.2009

It started with a locker

Yesterday, it was raining on my way to work. And by rain, I mean that I literally had to traverse rivers created by the incredible downpour. So when I got to work (having destroyed an umbrella on my way there) my shoes were most unfortunately saturated. Luckily, I had an extra pair of shoes in my locker, so even though my outfit was no longer completely coordinated, my feet were once again dry.

I'm so glad I have that locker at work. Back when I waited tables, I would keep my serving clothes there (black pants, white shirt, a pair of serving shoes and another pair of shoes to wear if I was managing). I've had to use these items quite a bit lately. Two weeks ago, I got drenched while walking to the bank for work, and I was able to snatch my extra pair of pants before I went to class.

I made use of the last item in my locker today, my white shirt, because the sweater that I put on this morning, while quite effective at keeping me a little warmer on my walk to work, made me feel like I was going to die of heat once I got to work.

So basically, I just need to transfer half of my closet to work, because what if, heaven forbid, the outfit that I so confidently put on in the wee dark hours of the morning isn't quite so cute in the bold light of day? And while we're on the subject, why don't I just transfer the entire contents of my bathroom there as well. Make-up can always use a touch up! Better yet, why don't I just stay there all the time? I mean really, nice big kitchen, tons of space, what's not to love?

Now if only there was a shower...

No comments: