5.31.2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Today was my last day in my current position at work. Big-fat-freaking YAY!  I have been so ready to leave this position since the carrot was dangled in front of my face 8 months ago.  Things haven't always been smooth with my transition, even this morning, I had to have a "discussion" with our IT department about getting everything squared away, which was probably less than thrilling for the poor sap on the other end of the phone, and then those that received my "friendly" e-mail which basically indicated that their lack of action for the last month was less than inspiring, and bordering on absurd.

But yay!  I am no longer the team lead!  I am no longer responsible for everything!  A huge weight has been lifted, and it feels wonderful!  Four exclamation points isn't excessive is it?

Now I just need to find the motivation to complete my science class, and then I'll really be celebrating.  Alas, I can't seem to muster the desire to complete it.  It's not that it's hard, I merely do. not. care.  Which is bad.  I had originally intended to have it completed by....uh...today, but I've pushed it out to mid-June for completion.  But before you start tsk-ing at my lack of effort, keep in mind that this is the last class I have this term (unless I add more) and the term goes until the end of September (so I'm actually REALLY ahead of the game).

In other news, I need to do laundry.

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

FINALLY! Congratulations on your new position! I hope it works out well for you!