5.04.2011

Doin' what come Nat'rally

I've been setting my alarm to go off sometime between 6:00 and 6:30 since I moved into our new apartment.  Having a 2 minute driving commute and a 10 minute walking commute really pays off in the wee morning hours.  So yesterday I decided that I would sleep in and wake up naturally, largely because after implementing a new filing system at work, I no longer have scads of things to do in the morning, fancy that!  Anyway, back to the alarm...I went a head and disengaged it (aka I turned the dang thing off entirely) and dropped off into a blissful slumber with pleasant dreams of waking up to birds chirping and the sun streaming through my windows at a respectable hour like 8:00.

Imagine my dismay when I woke up at 6:00.

I promptly sighed, glared at the clock and turned over.

I then awoke at 6:30.

Someone's idea of a sick joke no doubt!

Thus, I went into work at my usual time.

I'm trying this again.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Try normally waking up at 5am and then on the one day you can sleep in, all you get is 6...I'm right there with you.