3.07.2011

Livin' on a Prayer

I'm halfway there!  Unfortunately Bon Jovi isn't with me though...

I am halfway done with the class I have been avoiding/dreading/putting off for the past 6 months.  I hate writing.  Ironic when you consider the method in which this blog is formed, no?  But that is different writing.  I can write til the cows come home if I can BS my way through it, but there was no room (ok, very little room) for BS in the research paper I had to write...and still have to perform orally.

The last research paper I wrote was back in 2004, and if I'm not very much mistaken, I wrote it the night before it was due, and I only used quotes from the overviews of books (since I couldn't be bothered to waste any time actually reading anything).  Alas, I couldn't find that fabulous piece of work (probably because I was the idiot kid who didn't believe in saving anything....now I save EVERYTHING) and just reuse it for my presentation...which is totally legit for this class, would have made things so much easier.

But no, no such luck for Lisa.  I started researching my topic back in October...ultimately I didn't use any of that research in my final product aside from my thesis.  I put it off and finished 2 other classes, but eventually this silly class reared it's ugly head once more, and I proceeded to ignore it.

Well, it's time to pay the piper.  I have to have everything submitted by the 15th at the latest, so I sat down and finished it tonight (I have been working on it periodically, so it's not like I completely ignored it, just enough to feel guilty whenever my mentor called me).

So, soon I will hear back about whether or not my information was good enough and then I'll go from there.

No comments: