3.01.2011

Maja' Weepa'

So, growing up, I always thought that those girls who cried during movies were so silly.  I mean really, it's a movie!  I never teared up when Bambi's mom got shot, or bawled when Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr reunited in "An Affair to Remember", I never got emotional about E.T., and Titanic never sent me over the edge.  Then again, I never watched "Old Yeller" as a kid...maybe that's what I was missing.

But now....

I am a MAJOR WEEPER!  It's awful!

I mean, there are movies where it's okay to cry, even healthy..."Schindler's List", "Life is Beautiful", "The Pianist" (basically anything relating to the suffering and persevering in wartime).  Even things like "It's a Wonderful Life", "The Truman Show" (okay, that one may be a little embarrassing), and "Steel Magnolias" aren't awful to admit crying about.  Tonight, I had tears streaming (yes, actually streaming) down my face as I watched the end of "Remember Me", if you haven't seen it, and you want to be moved...watch it.

Then there are other movies where I am slightly ashamed*....so naturally, I'm going to post about it online.  :)  I'm not sure what changed within the last couple years, but whatever it is, it makes me very emotional.

"The Lion King"
"The Fox & The Hound"
"Toy Story 3"
"Finding Nemo" 
       Notice how thus far, they're all cartoons...that is a problem
"Finding Neverland"
"Fried Green Tomatoes"
"Forest Gump"
"Curly Sue"
"Mr. Holland's Opus"
"Muppet Christmas Carol"
"Pay it Forward"
"My Life"
"Frequency"
"A League of Their Own"

Frankly, there are so many others that I feel compelled to stop...mostly because I fear that the dampness dripping onto my computer could do lasting damage.  So let's recap....Lisa is a big, fat baby who cries in movies.  Yep, that about covers it!








*I am not actually ashamed of crying in ALL of these...some are legitimately worth a good cry...but some...are not.

1 comment:

Annie said...

You are not alone! I cried during Apollo 13 and Forever Strong. Embarrassing... More recently, I cried during Waiting for Superman. Why can't the children just get an education?!