3.07.2011

My room is depressing

I have a fortress of liquor boxes in my room.  It partially blocks my door so you can't open it all the way.  The boxes are full of books, CD's, pictures, scarves (which now that it's snowing again I will have to open and remove), knick knacks and everything that was previously in my nightstand.

We haven't even found a place to live yet and there are boxes stacked on the desk full of DVD's, encyclopedias and games.

I always seem to forget just how much "stuff" I have until I have to move it...and magically, there is always more with each move...no matter how much I throw away during the moving process.

But really, why am I spreading out the packing over 2 months?  Because I know myself.  I know that with all the things I have going on, the last thing I will want to do with my final 2 weeks before moving is packing.  I know that unless the boxes sit in my bedroom taunting me with every glance in their direction, I wouldn't pack a single thing.

So there they sit.  And there they mock.

But I will have the last laugh....someday.

No comments: