12.04.2013

A little darkness and a little light

I woke up this morning, looked over at my clock, and immediately noticed that the orange glow it usually emits was distinctly absent.  The faint glow that typically bathes my office was also missing.  It could only mean one thing.

The power was out.

After the power remained out for another hour and a half or so, I determined that I needed to take affirmative action and locate someone with electricity...and heat...and a shower that wouldn't freeze me to death.

After a few text messages with various friends, I discovered that the power was out from Rexburg to Shelley...which is a huge chunk of Southeast Idaho.  Fortunately, the power outage only affected those who use Rocky Mountain Power.  Unfortunately, the majority of people use Rocky Mountain Power.  I was however, able to find a kind, generous friend who still had power on the other side of town, and she was willing to let me come to her house; shower, get warm, and use the internet for a bit.

Once I returned home, I discovered that my power had returned.  Yay!  Bruce's electricity however, was still off.  So he came over to take advantage of my heat and internet access...and to see my adorable face, of course.

...................................

This evening was Bruce's ward Christmas dinner and service auction.  It was a fun time.  I got to talk with some fun new people, saw people from my old ward, and chat with some people I haven't seen in months.

There is a guy in Bruce's ward that does auction calling, he was entertaining, and kept inserting little witticisms here and there.  It was fun to see how high some of the items sold for, his ward members are very generous, and they raised a considerable amount of money to be used to provide Christmas for 4 families in the area who would otherwise go without.

All in all, it was a fun evening.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Haha I heard about your adventures this morning when you were lacking power! Crazy lucky that that lovely friend of yours had power! Good things we have amazingly awesome friends :0)