12.25.2013

Christmas Goodness

Okay, I totally missed posting yesterday.  I honestly didn't have time to last night.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Yesterday, Bruce came over after I was done with work, and we went to lunch/dinner at ChickFilA.  I hadn't ever eaten at ChickFilA before, but I have had their lemonade before.  The spicy chicken sandwich that I got was appropriately spicy and adequately filled my hunger need.  Afterward, we went back to my place and watched parts of "The Dark Knight Rises" while we baked chocolate chip cookies.  After our baking exploits, we met up with Jimmy and Sarah to go look at Christmas lights.  We went to one house that coordinated their lights to music for a Christmas light show, which turned out to be about 2 blocks from my house once we actually found it.  From there, we went back to Bruce's place and watched "A Muppet Christmas Carol", or rather Jimmy and Sarah watched it and Bruce and I fell asleep.

It happens...

Fast forwarding to today, Bruce and I went to his parents' house for Christmas Day.  His sister flew in from Alaska and arrived in the early-ish afternoon.  His family is great, I love how down to earth, funny, kind, generous, and accepting they are, so it was great to be able to spend the day with them.

As far as Christmas gifts go, I got my years supply of shampoo from my parents along with a generous Target gift card, a lifetime supply of Sharpies from my older brother and his wife, printer ink from my baby brother, a game from Bruce's parents, a handy turban towel from Bruce's grandma, and....the piece de resistance...Bruce got me copies of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD.  I mean, the original...no digitally remastered, enhanced, "crap-added-to-it-because-it-sounded-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time" versions, the originals.  Yeah, that's right, I have the best boyfriend ever.  Of course, he'd still be the best even if he hadn't gotten me them, but it only adds to his many perfections.  Yay for nerdiness!

No comments: