12.09.2013

Chicken Pot Pie













I made a Chicken Pot Pie today, and was sad because I wasn't sure I would remember what exactly I put in it, so I wouldn't be able to replicate it.

BUT... I think I was actually able to recall everything.  Though I will say that I have a habit of not measuring my herbs and spices when I cook, so really, everything is based on how you want it to taste.

Chicken Pot Pie
   
·             ⅓ cup butter
·         ½ onion, chopped
·         ⅓ cup flour
·         ½ teaspoon salt
·         ¼ teaspoon pepper
·         1¾ c chicken broth
·         ½ cup milk
·         5 chicken tenders, shredded
·         2 cups vegetables, thawed
·         1 teaspoon sage
·         ½ teaspoon rosemary

·         1 box Pillsbury pie crust

D    Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pie crust for a double crust pie according to package directions. Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Add broth and milk and stir. Cook until sauce thickens and begins to bubble. Add vegetables and chicken to sauce. Pour into prepared crust and cover with top crust, cut slits in top of crust to vent.

Bake for 30 minutes. Cover the edges with foil during the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent burning. Let sit about 5 minutes before serving to set the filling.


No comments: