12.14.2013

A (not-so)Unexpected Journey

I requested work off for yesterday sometime back in November, and I had been looking forward to that day with much anticipation for months.  Back when Bruce and I first started dating, conversation turned to our mutual love and appreciation for "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit", so naturally, we made a plan to go see "The Desolation of Smaug" when it came out...yesterday.

I'm not going to lie, I've been counting down to that day more than I've been counting down to Christmas.  So when the day arrived, I was pretty stoked.  Except for the fact that I woke up around 4:00am and could not for the life of me manage to fall back into blissful slumber, so it made for a tired morning.  But I digress...

Bruce, his brother Jimmy, and Jimmy's gal pal Sarah (no, those aren't their real names either...) and I met up around 9:00 to start our adventure down to Utah where we would see the movie in IMAX later that afternoon.  The drive was good, the weather was very cooperative which was nice, and we talked and listened to Christmas tunes as we went.

We stopped for lunch at the Burger Bar in Roy, it was pretty tasty, and their fries were really good.  I definitely approve.  After lunch, we went to the Layton Hills mall and just killed time before the movie.  Pretty sure my favorite store was the Love Sac store, they've come out with some new and better stuff since the last time I looked at them.

After the mall we went to the theater and met up with Kelly.  It was super good to see her!  Especially after the rough week she'd had, I wish I could have talked to her a bit more, but sitting in a dark movie theater isn't terribly conducive for conversation.

The movie was awesome!  I loved it!  Except for the spiders, but I suppose that was a necessary evil....EVIL!  I want to watch it again, and I wish I didn't have to wait so long to see the next installment, but alas, I do.  I highly recommend that you watch it.  You can thank me later.

After the movie, Bruce, Jimmy, Sarah and I drove down to Temple Square and looked at the lights for a bit before we headed back home.  All in all, a very successful day and a fun trip.  And it's just a bonus that we all survived.

No comments: