12.08.2013

Raindrops on Roses

Ah, Christmas time... there is no other time like it.  This time of year was my favorite until I hit my angsty teenage years, when a distinctly annoying pall was cast upon it, but luckily it regained popularity when I entered my twenties.

Here are some of my favorite things about this time of year:

Christmas trees- Growing up, we'd go to the Christmas tree farm in mid-December where we'd pick out and cut down our tree.
Hot Chocolate
Snow- We didn't often get snow on Christmas when I was growing up, so we were always ecstatic when we would get a light dusting anytime around the end of December.  Now, I prefer to view it from the warmth of my living room.
Sledding- Snoqualmie Pass always got a fair amount of snow, so we used to go sledding as a ward on the huge hills out in the middle of nowhere, it was always exhilarating.
Eggnog
Christmas carols
Christmas parties
Ornaments
Christmas lights- I love seeing the lights on houses and trees.  We used to go to this area in Issaquah that would decorate a huge area with tons of lights, trains, nutcrackers, giant wooden pieces making up Santa's workshop, etc...
Snuggling
Listening to Christmas music
Baking Christmas cookies- Every time I listen to "A Carpenter Christmas: Christmas Portrait", I think of when my sister used to come home from college and make Christmas cookies while listening to this CD.
Wrapping presents
Santa Claus- Yep, he's real.
Decorating
Christmas movies:
                          Elf
                          Muppet Christmas Carol
                          White Christmas
                          It's a Wonderful Life
                          Christmas in Connecticut
                          Home Alone
                          The Santa Clause
                          Cheesy Made for TV Christmas movies
                          Miracle on 34th Street
                          The Holiday
                          Holiday Inn
                          Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
                          While You Were Sleeping
                          Die Hard
                          The Shop Around the Corner
                          It Happened on 5th Avenue
Celebrating Christ's birth
The joyful/peaceful feeling
Picking out gifts for loved ones
Online shopping- It seriously makes things so much easier
Being crafty



No comments: