12.14.2013

Thief

Today was a cooking/baking day.  I made an assortment of items for some various ward goings-on that are coming up.  I made Pecan Pie truffles (which I'm very much on the fence about...on the fence but leaning toward dislike, personally), Pealing Bell cookies, Pfeffernuss, Almond Joy truffles (which I don't like with the almonds I have...so I turned them into Mounds truffles).

I basically spent the whole day baking, and didn't actually eat any real food until just now.  I made homemade biscuits and gravy.  I turned ground turkey into "sausage", to make the country gravy.  It turned out pretty well and I'll likely make it again.

Somewhere in the middle of the day, I purchased an elliptical machine as well.  I've been meaning to buy one for the past year and a half or so, so I am glad that I was finally able to do so thanks to a sale that was going on, and a friend with a big enough vehicle to transport the sucker.

Tonight was also my ward Christmas party of sorts.  We did a White Elephant gift exchange...which was pretty long winded in execution.  The gift I opened was a hat with a plastic fish attached to it, so basically, it was gift exchange GOLD!  Unfortunately, Bruce stole it from me right after I opened it and I wasn't able to get it back, but he had it stolen from him pretty quickly as well.

One of the funniest gifts was a legit walker, which I actually stole from someone at the very end, however, true to form, Bruce stole it from me right after I got it and he was the one who got to keep it at the end.  Great things are in store for that walker, so I can forgive the fact that he kept stealing my stuff from me.  Though what he gave me in exchange was a "Buns of Steel" VHS, which may or may not have remained at the church rather than coming home with me.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Let the record state that while I was the master burglar, you are the master forger. Oh wait that story was redacted from the record.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's the wonderful thing about being the author...I create my own reality... My forging skills need not be widely known.