12.05.2013

Substitutions

Normally when people run out of ingredients that they need for the recipes they want to make, they go to the store and buy them.

Me?

I've been making substitutions with various things I do have around the kitchen, with mild success.

I made some delicious blueberry muffins yesterday and had to substitute the milk and lemon zest for other things, and I actually really like how they turned out...quite delightful.

And today I decided to make coconut curry, but realized I didn't have enough curry powder on hand, so I basically ended up creating an entirely new recipe, that I'm not sure I'll be able to replicate, and it turned out nicely, or it was at least edible and not completely revolting, which is always a good thing.

The only bad thing is, I'm running out of some of the basic essentials.  Bruce remarked the other day that my fridge looks like a single guy lives here.

Ah, well.  I really just don't like grocery shopping.

No comments: