3.30.2014

Boxes & Bowling

Blogging Fail.

Yeah, I haven't posted in 2 days...and in past years (even last year, let's be honest...) that is not a big surprise, but I have been really good about posting every day since December...and it's to the point where Bruce will say, "You didn't post today...?"  if I forget to.

The reason I didn't blog (aside from being tired and...lazy), is that Bruce and I went to Logan for the weekend.

After work on Friday, Bruce and I stopped for dinner at MacKenzie River Pizza (really tasty....just FYI) before heading on our merry way to Logan.  We planned this trip the day we told the world we were engaged, back in February, the main purpose was so Bruce could meet some of my family because at that point, he had only briefly met my parents.  So this trip would introduce him to 2 of my siblings and my grandparents as well.

It turned out that not only would he meet my brothers and grandparents, but the majority of my aunts and uncles from my mother's side of the family as well, since they were up for the purpose of transitioning my grandparents into an assisted living facility...which we ended up helping with on Saturday as well.

After all the fun of moving (I felt bad that Bruce had to do a ton of heavy lifting...on his Spring Break...as he's getting to know my family), we got together with my brothers and went bowling.  My brother's kids were with us too, and watching them bowl was hilarious!  They had a blast, and they warmed up to Bruce pretty quickly, which was fun.

And now we're back home...and as I sit here, I am sadly aware of the fact that there is about 3 inches of snow on the ground...and on my car...so much for Spring!  Ah well, I have heard that this is fairly typical of the area...but I still find it gross.

2 comments:

fun4all said...

G was glad Bruce was there to participate in the heavy lifting with him. And I'm sad I didn't go so I could see you. I was thinking about it, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen you in a year and a half... maybe we should go to Idaho... or something...

Anonymous said...

I know! I heard that Greg was coming and thought you would be as well, but was sadly disappointed...but I don't blame you for staying home with your kiddo, I don't imagine it would have been too fun trying to manage him amid the moving.

And I agree, it has been far too long since I have seen you!