3.26.2014

Crystals

Another busy day today, but a good one.

I finally got to see Bruce today!  Can I just put it out there that I am marrying a super studly dude in less than 80 days?  I cannot get enough of him...he's smart, funny, handsome as hell, just an all around winner.

We had a birthday party for a mutual friend's daughter tonight, and we made an appearance there before we headed to Bruce's ward activity...at which we broke into groups and reenacted segments from various movies in our own version of "The Oscars".  There were some pretty funny moments from some of the groups, and overall I am glad I went...even if I got hit on by one of the guys in Bruce's ward...which was awkward...especially when he asked for my number, in front of Bruce...and I had to explain that I'm engaged, which led to all sorts of other fun conversation topics for the evening.

After the activity, Bruce and I went back to his place to watch a movie.  Folks, I finally broke down and watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  Honestly?  It was not as bad as I was anticipating.  The aliens did not bother me, even Shia LaBeouf (did I spell that right?) did not bother me (though the sword fight was not my favorite).  I did get a laugh at Cate Blanchett's Russian accent on certain words (though it was mostly decent), and I enjoyed the fact that Indiana's character did not take himself too seriously, which is what I was largely worried about.  So while it was not my favorite film of all time (how sad would that be?), I am not sad that I watched it at all.

Now, Dark Crystal is a movie that I wish I had never seen...

No comments: