3.30.2014

Love Languages

Have you heard of The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman?

I took the quiz a number of years back, but decided to take it again and see if I got a different result..after all, people change over time, my circumstances are different, and I was basically just curious.  Turns out, I got the same results.

Here are my scores:

3  Words of Affirmation
7  Quality Time
0  Receiving Gifts
11  Acts of Service
9  Physical Touch


This is what it says about people whose Love Language is "Acts of Service"...




Acts of Service


Can helping with homework really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most wants to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter. When others serve you out of love (and not obligation), you feel truly valued and loved.



I would also like to point out that "Receiving Gifts" is a 0. Zero. Zilch. Nada.  Which solidifies my stance on and justifies my feelings of awkwardness and uncertainty when I have people give me gifts.  It truly makes me uncomfortable.  And now I have validation for that!

No comments: