3.23.2014

Moral Compass

I have to give a lesson in Relief Society next week that I am not super excited about.

Usually as a presidency, we get to choose the topics for the lessons we give once a month, but this particular month, the Bishop has asked that we speak on a talk from the March Ensign.  The talk assigned is on morality.

Yeah.

Now, I've had to give the chastity talk before back when I taught Temple Prep, but this topic/talk is a bit more specific...and gets into aspects that I am not particularly comfortable with or sure about how to present.

I've been quietly (or not so quietly, depending on if your name is Bruce or not) stressing out about it for the last week, and I've been trying to decide how to approach the whole thing since we have a fairly diverse population in my ward, and it can be an iffy subject to discuss.

I know the lesson will work itself out, it always does.

But it doesn't make me any less anxious about it.

1 comment:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

I read this post yesterday and I made it a point to read it with Brent last night. We both liked it and we both felt like he was very direct :) You'll do great. Sometimes frankess is exactly what some people need to hear. Good luck!