3.13.2014

The Pies have it

Tomorrow is Pi Day, and Bruce and I have decided to celebrate appropriately.

We're having a few of his friends over for pie and games.

With that in mind, I am baking pies today.  3 pies to be precise.  One Key Lime, one Atlantic Beach Pie, and one Transparent Pie.

I've made Key Lime Pie before, but I'm new to Atlantic Beach Pie (an interesting lemon pie I'm excited to try), and Transparent Pie (basically sugar pie...it's something they have in the South, and I'm pretty sure Bruce had it on his mission...we'll see how it turns out).

It does give me a chance to try out new recipes, which is always fun, and potentially good pies to add to my repertoire for Pie & Beer Day in July!

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Shut the front door! Your making transparent pie?!?!?!?