3.09.2014

It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage

I came home today to find a bunch of funny, sweet, and smile-inducing sentiments written on post-it notes from Bruce all around my apartment.

It's crazy how much I missed him this past week.

As his mom put it, "It's harder to not see someone for 5 days when you know you CAN'T see them for 5 days", or something to that effect...I don't have the mental recall to remember it word for word, but the sentiment is still intact.

I am super glad that from now until we are married, neither of us will be out of town for longer than 2 days.  Granted we do NOT see each other every day, but there is definitely something to knowing that if we really made a concerted effort to see one another, we could, and we wouldn't have 770 miles between us (Yes, that is the actual number of miles we were apart this past week).

So when I came home and saw those notes, I melted a little bit inside.

He fills me with such inexplicable joy, and I was ecstatic when I was finally able to see him in person this evening.  I am so excited to become his wife, and I know he will be an incredible husband.

No comments: