1.01.2014

Out with the old

So as was mentioned, Kelly came to visit for New Years!

She arrived in the mid-afternoon, and it was fun catching up.  She brought me some sweet Christmas presents too, so now I have a gorgeous new calendar, pop-up post-it notes, Junior Mints, 2 movies, some pretty earrings, a food processor, some warm Christmas socks and some other fun goodies.  She's awesome and knows me so well!  Though she says herself that I am incredibly easy to shop for because I'm really easy to please.

So last night, Kelly, Bruce, Jimmy, Sarah and I rang in the New Year together.  We are a very casual bunch, so we chatted, messed around with some Would You Rather cards, watched Cool Runnings, and then at midnight we popped some non-alcoholic bubbly and deemed the new year officially rung in.

I love casual things.  I'm sure all the fancy parties are fun and an awesome experience, but there is definitely something to be said for lounging in a sweatshirt and watching a movie while sitting next to your boyfriend who is completely passed out from exhaustion instead of having to get gussied up and make nice with people.

But that could just be me.

No comments: