1.02.2014

YoA

So last year was the YTC, or the Year of Taking Control.

Little did I know when I gave that title to my year, how appropriate it would actually be.  2013 was a doozy of a year for me, but as I outlined last January, YTC is about taking control of my life and not letting the negativity of others and bad situations control my life.  And boy, did I take control...

I turned a corner spiritually and made decisions that have greatly influenced my life for the better.
I moved on from a bad relationship and didn't let it bring me down.
I moved to a completely different state, where I knew no one, and I did it alone.
I forced myself to be social and make new friends when I moved (which is hard for me).
I read books that I've been wanting to.
I tried my hand at new recipes and expanded my horizons in the culinary realm.
I did a lot of dating once I moved and met some great (and some not so great) people.
After a slightly bumpy start, I started dating Bruce, who is the most incredible man.  He makes me insanely happy, makes me laugh, helps me look at things in new ways, and pushes me to be a better person just by being a spectacular individual himself.

So after a little bit of pondering, I have determined that 2014 is going to be the YoA, or the Year of Awesome.

I think that this is going to be an awesome year, and I hope to be able to document it better than I have in the past by taking more pictures (something I've been working on), blogging (yep, working on that too), doing fun things with friends, experiencing new things, places, people, and ideas, traveling, laughing freely, and just doing things that will make the year, in a word, awesome.

No comments: